Saturday, 3 January 2009

Some more IR

1/320 sec @ f8.0, +4/3 EV, ISO 200, 20mm (zoom), Canon 20D IR

Probably the best IR photo I have taken so far, which owes more to traditional composition than anything specifically IR. That being said, there is a certain quality of light in this which is very pleasing, and the grass in the middle distance has gone the obligatory white. Maybe could do with some work to remove some of the distractions such as the graffiti on the lower right of centre and some of the marks on the ceiling.


1/1000 sec @ f8.0, +4/3 EV, ISO 200, 47mm (zoom), Canon 20D IR

Now here is a much stronger IR effect, with a stark white building against a black sky. This is very much the sort of look I wanted when I went into the IR world, perhaps a proviso that there is a high level of contrast here that needs taming a bit.


1/8000 sec @ f8.0, +4/3 EV, 85mm (zoom), Canon 20D IR

No particular IR effect here, shooting straight into the sun. Deliberately left out of focus, and reasonably effective as a result. The original had quite a lot of noise in it, something of a characteristic of IR it seems, so I enhanced it in PS. I called it 'The Dismount' to give it some context.


1/250 sec @ f8.0, +4/3 EV, ISO 200, 22mm (zoom), Canon 20D IR, sepia tinged in PS

Sepia tinged to give the scene a certain feel which works quite well I think. At first I thought there was no paritcular IR effect here either but I note that the flag in the background is all white; I am reasonably sure it was the Union Flag!


Had quite a few problems with flare on the lens I was using for these shots, a 17-85mm Canon EF-S. Maybe the difference between it and the L series?


1/100 sec @ f11, +4/3 EV, ISO 800, 16mm (zoom), Canon 20D IR

Dear old Lily Hill Park. So sunlit chlorophyll and dark earth works well.


1/160 sec @ f8, +4/3 EV, ISO 400, 10mm (zoom), Canon 20D IR

Nice look to this one. Took some care over the composition, not usual for me! I think the foreground works ok due to the shadows, would be a bit bland otherwise.

No comments: